Hunters Startled by UFOs in Serra de Grandola

Hunters Startled by UFOs in Serra de Grandola
Hunters Startled by UFOs in Serra de Grandola

[dropcap][P[/dropcap]ortuguese UFO researcher Nuno Alves posted this interesting item to Guillermo Giménez’s Planeta UFO site. It is a message directly sent by the eyewitness regarding his unusual experience – SC]

This event took place on the evening of 31 August of this very same year, 012.
I was in the company of two friends, both of them hunters, who saw exactly the same thing. We live in Grandola, and hunt wild boar for sport in Serra de Grandola and Santiago do Cacém. I have been hunting for nearly 30 years and never saw anything like it.

It was already past midnight and we were on our way back home when we say a light that we could not explain. It was a very quiet night, moonlit night, and ideal for hunting.

We became tired of waiting for wild boar to appear, so we decided to return home – one of my companions had to work on Saturday. We walked for some twenty minutes back to where we left our vehicle. This must have been around half past midnight or one o’clock in the morning, more or less. We got the car going and set off on the return trip, driving past Santa Margarida da Serra.

A few kilometers ahead on the road there is a tight, elbow-type curve before the straight segment that leads to Santiago do Cacém Grandola, and it was exactly after taking that curve that we saw a very bright light above the trees and pine groves in the road’s median strip.

Blinded by the light, I slowed down and pulled over to the shoulder. The three of us got out to get a better look at the light. We weren’t able to see any figures, just a light some 20 meters long, with an elongated shape.

The light flew very slowly to our right, passing over the pine groves at the summit of the mountain range where were stopped. We weren’t frightened; just amazed by the inhospitable presence of that light.

One of my companions said that it was a firefighting helicopter that monitored the mountain range on account of the forest fires. However, we decided that it couldn’t be a helicopter, as there was no engine sound to be heard.

A few meters head from us, a car pulled over and a military man from the GNR, known to us, emerged. He saw the same thing and spoke with us about what we had seen.
We remained there for a good 10 minutes, looking at the light. The military man phoned someone to discuss what we were seeing at the moment – I suspect he was talking to his base!At that point, one of my friends remembered [the exis